All the games I've had a good time with

I have decided that I will list some games I enjoyed or made a lasting impression in the last ten years ("recently") and then separately things before, so I can better understand what it is I like and spend less time fretting that I am wasting my time by playing things and not actually enjoying doing that.

Note....... I don't like the little descriptions I've added as they are, but I do think helps if I try identify what bits felt good to me.

Recently

New stuff

The Forgotten City drove me forward with its mysteries.

Outer Wilds captured me with coseyness and tragedy.

Rogue Aces drew tempts me for a few minutes and keeps me for longer.

FAR: Lone Sails made me horde petrol in a world that didn't have any more need for it.

Hands of Fate felt like I was having a dialogue with antagonism.

ADIOS Amigos: Galactic Explorers was all the fun bits of orbital mechanics.

Grow Home and Grow Up for its playfulness, character and dynamism,

The Magic Circle reminded me of my own creative failures.

Retro stuff

Metal slug 1 and 2 was like having a big sweet fizzy drink.

Lost Eden was a grand epic experienced in a single afternoon.

Previously (~15 years ago)

Far Cry 2 captured my imagination and let me be playful.

Mass Effect 1 let me experience wonderment and exploration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 1996 videogame Z, and the Men of War series have a lot in common, and I enjoy both

Itchy toe

PODCAST EPISODE 5: "Imagine what worlds were there"